Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What's Going On

I haven't had a chance to post in awhile -- things have been really crazy. School is going a bit better, in that I am only teaching three subjects instead of four. I'm still in three classrooms, which sucks.

But now I have a second period class, so I start teaching at 8:00. I do get to leave at 3:00, though, which makes it worth it. 2nd period sucks, though, because my kids are not capable (apparently) of getting to class on time. So kids trickle in all through the class period. I can't really get anything done, because I have to stop every two minutes to correct someone's attendance. So annoying.

I'm teaching freshman English, freshman reading, and sophomore English. I don't like any of my classes so far. Freshmen are so annoying and immature and NEEDY! They can't do anything by themselves. If I have to hear 36 kids yelling "Mrs. Fuji! Mrs. Fuji! Mrs. Fuji!" at me one more time my head is going to explode.

But I did lose my inclusion (special ed and regular ed kids combined) class that was 10th period. So that's the best thing that has happened this school year. Although I walked into that class this afternoon to put my cart away (I now have a cart that I push from room to room -- awesome!), and some kid flipped me off. I don't even know this kid. So I had to yell at him. It is a bit easier to yell at freshmen, so that's something.

I'm getting better at getting Emiko and myself out the door in the morning, although I swear the minute she gets up time goes into warp speed. I don't know where the time goes. I get up at 5:30 to get myself together before Emiko gets up at 6:00. We have to leave the house by 6:45 to get to Alma's by 7:00. And then I have to book it on the Kennedy so that when I get to the Dan Ryan hopefully I'll be able to get through the traffic and get to work on time. If I'm late, I have kids who will be out in the hall -- you can't sneak in when you are a teacher. People notice.

My best friend Kyle came to visit over the weekend -- my next post will be about that. But now I have to get ready for bed.

No comments: