Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Newest Addiction

I found Etsy completely by accident. I was taking childbirth classes, and the teacher mentioned a friend of hers who sold flax packs for pregnant women. I went to the woman's website and was directed to her shop on Etsy. A whole new world was opened up to me!

Etsy is like the Renegade Craft Fair, but year-round and in the privacy of your home. Anything (and I mean anything!) you could possibly want or need is available on Etsy. Crafty people make stuff and put it up for sale. I like the idea of supporting independent artists, and the prices are great. I can waste a lot of time on Etsy.

So far I've purchased:

a Dolly Parton necklace from PreciousPups

a superfantastic cute dress for my friend Martha's wedding from JaneBonBon

three awesome lockets (one was for my sister!) from BirdzNbeez

a watch made of vintage typewriter keys by KeysAndMemories

I hate running into people wearing the same stuff I'm wearing. Etsy helps prevent that from happening. I love love love Etsy. It's the most superfantastic site I've found lately!

Disclaimer -- I don't usually advocate rampant consumerism, but this stuff is great and you are supporting regular people and not huge corporations. Guilt-free shopping!

3 comments:

Shop Girl said...

You are too cute! I love the typewriter key watch - will you wear it tomorrow? You must think I am a terrible person for my shopping addiction. I blame my mother.

AMY said...

I didn't mean it that way at all! You are a great shopper and give me excellent suggestions! Shop on! (But you can still blame your mother!)

foxxychica said...

I am going to suggest this to my knitters. I think this would be great for them. Thanks for the heads up!!!