Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This School is NOT the Bomb. . .


OK, that's a terrible pun, but I couldn't resist. A bunch of bomb threats have been scrawled on the walls in this one teacher's classroom. So the kids are all freaking out, and most of them have gone home. The police were here, but there was no sweep of the building. Nor did we evacuate. We were just told to keep our doors closed and that should we hear an announcement for "Code Blue" to leave the building immediately.

Ridiculous!

I'm not really worried, since I don't think we have many students ambitious enough to either plant or detonate a bomb. It's just irritating that we have such lax security. And if I were the parent of one of these students, I'd have my kid come home, too. There's just too much crap going on right now.

So I'm now sitting in a classroom with two students.

CPS gets paid per pupil, so we have lost a great deal of money today. (We only get money for the pupils who show up each day.) It would have been far less costly to just send everyone home.

That's my day for you. How's yours so far???

No comments: