Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Sex and the City, eh?

I am not as excited as most people about the Sex and the City movie. I watched the series fairly regularly, but it always bugged me. I never really identified with the characters. I hated most of Carrie's ridiculous outfits. (Sorry, Shopgirl!)

But mostly, I hated Big. I could not understand Carrie's attraction to such a douchebag who treated her like crap. I was so happy when Mikhail Baryshnikov was on the show -- I loved his Alexandre character. How could you not love Baryshnikov? Yum! I was mad when they made him into a douchebag so Big could show up in the finale and "rescue" Carrie. I thought that sucked.

So I'm sure I will see the movie, but I'm in no rush. In the meantime, this segment from The Daily Show made me laugh out loud. I heart Samantha Bee!

3 comments:

Butternugget said...

I would never call myself fan, and hated the first two seasons. Normally I would have just waited for the DVD, but pretty much everyone in my office was going Friday night and I hate spoilers. I knew someone would have said something in the office too loud.

Virtually nothing happens in two hours, or rather stuff happens but most everything and everyone ends up back in the same place. So, it is pretty much just like every episode.

Notice I said "pretty much", there are some things that change but I don't want to be the spoiler.

I bet if you loved the show you will probably really like the movie. If you sort of liked the show I'm sure you will laugh a few times. If you hated the show you will likely really really hate the movie.

Alannah said...

what if you loved the show for the first few seasons and slowly grew to hate it more and more until the Berger & Petrofsky stuff was unbearable?

I have a good feeling I know what to expect....but somehow I won't be able to stop myself from watching it anyhow.

AMY said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! The Berger stuff was just too much. I never found the show very empowering, despite the fact that the women had close relationships. But I'll see it, too. I am just not in a rush.