Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I Love Scott Baio

Before I loved Corey Feldman, I loved Scott Baio. I loved Chachi. I thought he was so cute and I watched Happy Days religiously.

I loved Charles in Charge, and Zapped was the first "dirty" movie I ever saw. I remember being quite shocked about that movie. We watched it at my Aunt Carol's house -- my brother, sister, and I were sleeping in a pallet on the floor and found that movie on cable. We didn't have cable at my house, and would never have been allowed to watch a rated R movie. Luckily we didn't get caught.

I was so excited to see Scott show up at Bob Loblaw on Arrested Development -- it's amazing how adorable Scott Baio still is. It's like he hasn't aged at all. I don't know how he does it. I guess all that sex with starlets keeps you young.

Now Scott is back on TV, on Scott Baio is 45 and Single. I guess he's decided that he needs to figure out why he hasn't gotten married. He is deathly afraid of commitment. So he's hired a life coach to help him figure out his problem.

I have to say -- the show is really enjoyable. Way better than The Two Coreys. Scott seems like an OK guy. I mean, he'd never date a normal person, but he doesn't come across as an asshole.

And it's funny to see his friends -- a few of them were formerly famous -- the older (not cute) brother on Wonder Years, for example. His best friend is some guy who seems like he just likes to hang out with Scott in order to live off his fame and fortune and access to women. Kinda sad.

It seems all I do is watch TV lately. Now that Emiko sleeps through the night -- more or less -- I get to watch TV again. So I've been watching more reality TV than I ever have in my life. Scott Baio is 45 and Single is definitely my favorite of the bunch. It's also better than Top Chef -- there are just too many chefs to keep up with, and way better than Food Network's Next Star, which sucked a lot.

Now I think I'll go read something while Emiko is still taking a nap.

No comments: