Sunday, August 19, 2007

Technology Confuses Me

I got a new phone yesterday, and it's super fancy. It's a Samsung SCH-u740, so it has a complete keyboard. I don't text message very often, because it takes me forever, but I like having the keyboard just in case I get a wild hair.

So I've been trying to figure out how to use this thing. I've had to call Verizon's customer service line twice tonight. First I downloaded ring back tones by accident. I think I thought I was downloading a regular ring tone. My sister called and was all confused by the classical music ring back tone I inadvertently signed up for. I called customer service and they removed that feature from my account.

Then Todd was looking at my receipt, because the phone is eligible for a rebate. He noticed that my salesperson had signed me up for Vcast Vpack -- which is fifteen bucks a month! I had to assure Todd that I had no idea I had signed up for that. I called customer service again. They are very nice -- I give them points for that. And they didn't give me a hard time about making these changes.

I think now I have a basic understanding of how to use this silly thing. I can watch videos, which sounds like a great way to waste time at work, but I don't think it is worth the money. But I figured out how to download ring tones and I've taken some pics and so all my needs are met.

No comments: