Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Week Three Poem-a-Week Challenge

You will notice a theme in all my poetry during this challenge -- all Covid19 focused, all the time!

2020
by Amy Fujimoto

In 2020, the world turned upside down.
The zombie apocalypse snuck up on us.
We should have been more ready.

We sit inside on our couches.
Eat all the snacks.
Watch all the TV.
Read some books. Write some poetry.

It is hard to just sit inside. I miss the sunshine on my face.

To taunt us, we have had many gorgeous sunny days outside our windows.

There were some surprises.

I have really enjoyed all this time with my family.

I did not bake sourdough bread.

But I made popcorn on the stove the old-fashioned way. 
Which totally impressed my children.

I have spent too much time judging the un-masked people walking around outside. 
That can’t be good for me.

Time has changed. Weekdays bled into weekends which bled into Easter and spring break. 
Now it’s almost May. What does that even mean anymore? 

I’m working on that part. Figuring out what it means. 

I will have to get back to you.

No comments: