Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Pestilence in Our House


Sunday our wedding photographer Larissa came over to take family pictures. Emiko had a cold, but seemed in pretty good spirits. But as the morning progressed, Emiko started to feel worse. She actually threw up on the red velvet dress that I wore when I was a baby. She looked really cute in my red velvet dress and black patent leather mary-janes. But once she threw up, that kind of ruined our photo shoot. Larissa says she got some good pics, though.

So Emiko was sick for a couple of days. She would eat, then would have a coughing jag since she's so congested. Then she'd throw up. Often on me. Sunday and Monday involved my getting thrown up on a lot.

I had Monday off for Veteran's Day, so staying home with Emiko was no problem. Tuesday Todd stayed home with her. He had a cold, but it wasn't major. I got a text message from Todd that afternoon saying his cold was worse and could I bring home some cold medicine and Gatorade? So I did.

I got home Tuesday to find Todd and Emiko both in our bed -- Todd had made a fence of pillows so Emiko couldn't roll off. They were both pretty miserable. That's when we discovered that Todd's cold was actually the flu.

So I had to take Wednesday off to take care of both my babies. I felt kinda lousy myself, but it wasn't anything major. Then last night I got sick. It hit me hard. I really wish my husband would not share his illnesses with me! Although my flu is far more mild than his, thank goodness. I have to go to work tomorrow -- I just can't be off three days in a row. I dread to see what chaos the subs have wreaked on my classroom!

We do get out a bit earlier on Fridays -- hopefully I can make it through. I'll have to figure out what to give my kids that will not involve their talking to me. I'll have to think about that.

Our house is a pit -- the pestilence is persuasive. Don't come over! And when you see me, don't try to make out with me. It's just not worth the risk!

This pic is of Emiko's two new teeth. It was taken before the pestilence hit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for every other informative web site.
Where else may just I get that type of info written in such a perfect
manner? I have a challenge that I'm just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

Also visit my homepage ... sat receiver